By Greg Stier, Christian Post Guest Columnist
November 12, 2011|10:02 am
- It is only for little old ladies.
- It can only be done when we are feeling super godly.
- It doesn’t really change situations (God’s going to do what he’s going to do anyway, right?)
- It doesn’t really change us.
- It is only for pastors.
- Contrary to 1 Timothy 2:1-4 it can’t reach and rescue the lost.
- Contrary to Colossians 4:12 it doesn’t really deepen the spiritual maturity of those we pray for regularly.
- Contrary to 2 Thessalonians 3:1 it can’t truly accelerate the spread of the gospel locally and globally.
- It takes special training from qualified people to do it right.
- It is only for the crazy people in our churches (you know who I’m talking about.)
Greg Stier is the President and Founder of Dare 2 Share Ministries in Arvada, Colo., where he works with youth leaders and students, equipping them to be effective in sharing the gospel. With experience as a senior teaching pastor and in youth ministry for almost 20 years, Greg has a reputation of knowing and relating to today’s teens. He is widely viewed as an authority and expert teen spirituality. He is known for motivating, mobilizing and equipping teens for positive change. For more information on Dare 2 Share Ministries, and the 2010-2011 Un conference tour, please visit www.dare2share.org.