(Photo: Reuters/Mario Anzuoni)
Hollywood is known to be spiritually barren but faith is still present among some Latino celebrities who uphold their Christian beliefs in Tinseltown.
The following is a list of 9 entertainment powerhouses who are at the top of their game in music, TV and movies and are unafraid to profess their faith in Jesus Christ. These Hispanic Christian celebrities are listed in no particular order.
1. Juan Luis Guerra: This multi Grammy-award winning salsero ignited enthusiasm among evangelical Christians soon after his conversion, but also criticism from fans in the Latin music community. After committing his life to God, he was inspired to write songs like the popular track, "Las Avispas," which was the first song to win in both the Gospel Pop and Tropical Merengue categories at the 2005 Billboards.
2. Carlos Santana: After a failed marriage and seven suicide attempts, this Mexican-American rocker turned to Christ and plans to become a minister when his gig with music is up.
3. Naya Rivera: Despite this "Glee" starlet's success, Rivera is a devout Christian and regular church attendee. Rivera has revealed in an interview with Latina Magazine about the opposition she faces as a Christian in Hollywood and admitted to taking those attacks to heart.
4. Hector "El Father" Delgado: He skyrocketed to fame and helped take the reggaeton genre outside of Puerto Rico to the international stage along with former collaborator Tito "El Bambino." Now he goes by the name Hector "El Ex-Father," and has left the industry entirely to become a devout evangelical preacher.
5. Gloria Trevi: While imprisoned in Brazil and Mexico for alleged child abuse, this former rock star known for her popular hit, "Pelo Suelto," took refuge in the Bible, becoming a Christian in order to find spiritual peace.
6. Selena Gomez: Her talent as an actress and singer has made this part-Mexican star a paparazzi-magnet among young Hollywood stars. Along with her height of success and her name linked to Justin Bieber, Gomez is a devout Christian and reportedly hosts star-studded Bible studies.
7. Jenni Rivera: Before her death, singer-songwriter, actress, and television producer Rivera was known to attend her pastor-brother's evangelical church in Whittier, Calif. Her family of Mexican descent continues to be active members of the Pentecostal movement church.
8. José Luis Rodríguez ("El Puma"): Known for his rise to secular stardom in the 1970s, this triple threat singer, actor, and producer left his worldly fame for faith in his native Venezuela.
9. Ricardo Montaner: This Venezuelan crooner had a sincere conversion to God and set the record straight when reports circulated that he might have come out as a Christian for a publicity stunt.