Around this time each year, people begin thinking about fresh starts. People want to change things about their lives, and often the New Year provides a perfect time to do it. The Bible has a lot to say about fresh starts, too. The creators of the CEB Study Bible have compiled 10 verses to start 2014 out right.
10 Verses to Usher in the New Year
1. Don't remember the prior things; don't ponder ancient history. Look! I'm doing a new thing; now it sprouts up; don't you recognize it? I'm making a way in the desert, paths in the wilderness.
– Isaiah 43:18-19 CEB
2. Certainly the faithful love of the Lord hasn't ended; certainly God's compassion isn't through! They are renewed every morning. Great is your faithfulness.
– Lamentations 3:22-23 CEB
3. Instead, renew the thinking in your mind by the Spirit and clothe yourself with the new person created according to God's image in justice and true holiness.
– Ephesians 4:23-24 CEB
4. God has made everything fitting in its time, but has also placed eternity in their hearts, without enabling them to discover what God has done from beginning to end.
– Ecclesiastes 3:11 CEB
5. Look among the nations and watch! Be astonished and stare because something is happening in your days that you wouldn't believe even if told.
–Habakkuk 1:5 CEB
6. Sing to the Lord a new song because he has done wonderful things! His own strong hand and his own holy arm have won the victory!
–Psalm 98:1 CEB
7. I will give them a single heart, and I will put a new spirit in them. I will remove the stony hearts from their bodies and give them hearts of flesh.
–Ezekiel 11:19 CEB
8. Then the one seated on the throne said, "Look! I'm making all things new." He also said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
–Revelation 21:5 CEB
9. I believe that the present suffering is nothing compared to the coming glory that is going to be revealed to us.
–Romans 8:38 CEB
10. May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be blessed! On account of his vast mercy, he has given us new birth. You have been born anew into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
–1 Peter 1:3 CEB
The CEB Study Bible is acclaimed for its readability, reliability and relevance of Scripture because of its thousands of historically-based study notes, over 300 thought-provoking sidebar articles, five in-depth articles, book introductions, in-text charts, 21 full-color maps from National Geographic, full-color pictures, cross-references and much more. For additional information, visit http://www.CEBstudybible.com.