Amanda Bynes is threatening a lawsuit following reports alleging that the actress was seen walking around a tanning room lobby "completely naked."
The initial report stated that Bynes had paid a visit to a Beach Bum Tanning salon in New York City. At some point during her visit, a source claimed that Bynes "shocked other customers" by appearing in the main lobby of the tanning salon "completely naked."
The report continued to state that the 26-year-old actress made a second appearance, even after being given a private room, in search of tanning goggles.
"She walked out of the room completely naked," an eyewitness reported to In Touch magazine. "She didn't seem to care that everyone saw her naked."
Bynes, however, came forward later in the week to state that the report was completely false.
"I'm not 'troubled,'" Bynes told Us Weekly on Thursday as she declared her intent to sue InTouch. "I don't get naked in public. I'm 26, a multi-millionaire, retired. Please respect my privacy."
In the initial report, the source suggested that there "was definitely something wrong with her," describing Byne's behavior as unusual.
"She seemed totally out of it," the eyewitness alleged. "She took her time walking back to the Mystic room, dragging her fingers along the wall and smiling at customers who passed her."
In September, the former teen star was charged with two misdemeanor counts of hit and run after crashing into two separate cars and fleeing the scene; both were within a five-month span. Later charges were also brought on the actress for a DUI. Bynes, though, has denied having any part in all three incidents.
In 2010, the actress stated that she was retiring from her career as an actress after taking part in roles like "All That" and "What I Like About You." She later retracted her retirement and then appeared in "Easy A" before stating that she would again retire from acting.
- Amanda Bynes Mental Issues? Erratic Behavior Accusations Include Conversations With Self
- Amanda Bynes' Car Impounded After Driving With Suspended License; Actress Not Arrested
- Amanda Bynes' Erratic Behavior Continues While Actress Locks Herself in Fitting Room
- Amanda Bynes: 'I'm Doing Amazing!'
- Amanda Bynes Receives Stern Warning From Judge
- Amanda Bynes, Lindsay Lohan Offered Free Driving Lessons by Goodyear Tires
- Amanda Bynes DUI Charges? Faces New Charges in Driving License Drama
- Amanda Bynes Pleads Not Guilty, Jennie Garth 'Reached Out'