CNN news anchor Anderson Cooper has given his talk show "Anderson" a makeover as well as a brand new set of rotating hosts to serve alongside him.
- (Photo: Reuters/ Lucas Jackson)
- Photo Courtesy of Reuters
"Anderson Live," which will premiere Sept. 10, was announced Monday. The first guest host was also announced, and actress Kristin Chenoweth will appear on popular daytime show during its premiere.
Other newly announced co-hosts include Kelly Osbourne, Goldie Hawn, Cyndi Lauper, Howie Mandel, Erin Andrews, D.L. Hughley and Kellie Pickler.
Moreover, Cooper's new show will be moving to a new set in Manhattan's CBS Broadcast center where a live studio audience will be present. Viewers are now able to participate in real time through social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
"I'm very excited @KChenoweth will be my first co-host on #AndersonLive for the premiere show sept 10," Cooper posted on his Twitter account Monday.
"We have a lot to discuss! @Anderson," the news anchor added, while attaching a photo taken from the show's new set.
Additionally, Cooper released a statement about "Anderson Live" and the new interactive format.
"We've got a lot of fun, great things planned for the new season," said Cooper, who serves as the show's co-executive producer alongside Terrence Noonan.
"I am really excited to be joined by daily co-hosts and look forward to switching to a live format, which allows us more freedom to cover topical issues as well as connect more with the viewer at home," he concluded.
Meanwhile, Cooper, 45, was rumored to be assuming the co-host position on ABC's "Live! With Kelly" and was named the "dream co-host" by the show's staple, Kelly Ripa. Due to his own television show, however, Cooper was unable to fill the position alongside Ripa.
Cooper's professional success has not arrived without personal strife. Recently, the news mogul publicly revealed that he is gay, and just weeks following, his alleged boyfriend was photographed with another man.
- Anderson Cooper and Dyngus Day Apology
- CNN's Anderson Cooper Reveals 'I'm Gay': Denies Pushing Gay Agenda
- Anderson Cooper to Marry Boyfriend After Mother Anxious for Him to Settle Down
- Anderson Cooper's Gay Announcement Was Result of Months of Planning
- Anderson Cooper Boyfriend Cheating: CNN Anchor 'Devastated'
- Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen Vacation in Croatia
- Anderson Cooper, Kelly Ripa's Dream Co-Host
- Anderson Cooper and Kelly Ripa Ideal 'Live!' Co-Hosts