Another iPhone exploded for the second time in a week while being charged overnight.
This incident took place in Brazil when the owner realized smoke and sparks were coming from the device. Reports said the owner of the phone was not harmed but was taken aback by the explosion.
Concerns over the safety of the product are increasing. Last week, another iPhone 4 exploded mid-flight in Australia.
The phone blew up during landing and started "emitting a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow,” according to Regional Express.
The fire was extinguished by a flight attendant and was handed over to traffic safety regulators for further evaluation. Passengers were not harmed during the explosion.
"In accordance with company standard safety procedures, the flight attendant carried out recovery action immediately and the red glow was extinguished successfully...All passengers and crew onboard were unharmed,” said the airline in a statement.
The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association's Chris Althaus warned consumers to make sure the products they are authentic.
"We urge people to be very careful if they are buying batteries that they buy them from a reputable dealer, look for products that are identified by the manufacturer of your phone as compatible and be very aware of cheap imitations," said Althaus to ABC news.
This is not Apple's first problem with devices overheating. Earlier in the month, Apple announced a recall of first-generation iPod nanos and warned owners that the MP3 player's batteries could catch fire.
The nanos sold between September 2005 and December 2006 seemed to be holding up just fine when Apple discovered a fatal flaw in the batteries that worsens over time.
During that period, Apple sold 60 millions iPods total. It is unknown how many of those were nanos, according to the company's numbers. Apple announced it would offer owners of the defective nano a new one that includes a touchscreen, FM radio, and a pedometer - a substantial upgrade from the old installment.