Shopping for the dad, husband or man in your life can be a headache sometimes. Luckily Black Friday offers sales on a number of fail-proof gifts from electronics and sporting equipment to grooming materials.
Here is a list of the ten items he’ll appreciate the most come Christmas – and that your wallet will appreciate at the checkout counter.
1. HDTV or 3D TV. Most men would welcome a television upgrade, and sales on HD and 3D TVs are everywhere. Walmart is offering a Vizio LCD 3D TV for $600, marked down from $900. A 40-inch Emerson HD set is only $250.
On Amazon.com, an LG Infinia 47-inch HDTV is only $830, marked down from $1,300. Savings on hundreds of televisions can also be found at Target, Kmart, Sears and more.
2. E-Reader. Though studies show more women read books than men nowadays, e-readers allow people to read magazines, newspapers and blogs while providing easy access to thousands of book titles.
Staples is offering a Kindle Touch with Wi-Fi for $100 and a $20 gift card with purchase. Or get free shipping on the new Nook Tablet at BarnesandNoble.com. It’s also a good idea to include a gift card with the e-reader so he can start reading immediately.
3. Smartphone. Amazon.com is offering HTC’s Droid Incredible and ThunderBolt4G for as low as a penny (network restrictions do apply.) Best Buy is selling the iPhone 4S for $200 (with a new contract).
4. iPod Turntable. Sharper Image has listed an iPod Turntable at $100 – a 50 percent reduction. The turntable digitizes tracks on vinyl records and puts them in an iPod or iPhone. It’s the perfect gift for the man who loves the sound of vinyl, but wants the portability of an MP3 player.
5. Brookstone. Brookstone tends to be pricey, but it is the perfect “dad store.” Brookstone.com is offering over 300 gifts of under $50 including an automatic wine opener, Tempur-Pedic slippers, a never-soggy cereal bowl and more.
6. Shaving Kit. Kiehl’s offers a comprehensive men’s grooming kit including face wash, shaving cream, moisturizer, soap, salve and lip balm. It’s a $72 value, listed at $50. Kiehl’s has been supplying men’s grooming supplies since 1851.
7. Watch. A classy timepiece is a classic male accessory. Amazon.com is offering up to 60 percent off luxury watches from brands like Invicta, Bulova, Casio and more. Macy’s has 20 percent off Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Citizen, and more watches.
8. Camera. Get a Sony Cyber-shot 16.1-MP Digital Camera for $125 at Best Buy with free shipping if ordered online. Amazon.com has a Fujifilm FinePix 16 MP optical zoom camera for $350, down from $400. Cameras are on sale at Target, Walmart, Staples and more.
9. Golf Equipment. The old standby for dad is golf equipment. A TaylorMade Burner Superfast Driver is up to 50 percent off at Amazon.com. Dick’s Sporting Goods is offering 20 percent off any item today, with free shipping online. Save $140 at Sport’s Authority on a Ram Golf full set of clubs – only $160.
10. Wine. There are plenty of options for the wine-lover on your list. Vintage bottles, rarities, and wine of his favorite grape are all gifts he’ll love. Wine.com is offering over 80 gift sets under $40. Hundreds of highly rated bottles are under $20. And free shipping is included on all purchases.