Be it your mother, your wife, sister, girlfriend, daughter, friend, co-worker, whomever, chances are finding the right gifts for the ladies in your life has been the source of some consternation.
Not this year.
Here are ten great gift ideas for the females on your shopping list. Black Friday savings are also noted.
1. Bath Accessories. Get creative and assemble a package of soaps, candles, bathrobes and more. The list of combinations is endless. Walmart and Target will both offer markdowns on select bath equipment but if you’re feeling generous, try finding products that will appeal specifically to her.
Rocky Mountain Soap Company has a six-soap package including geranium, pumpkin and seaweed soaps. Pair that with a Red Envelope personalized terry cloth bathrobe for less than $70.
2. E-Reader. Studies show that more women read books than men in the U.S. Why not cultivate that reading by gifting an e-reader than enables users to buy top titles, magazines, newspapers and blogs instantly?
Staples is offering a Kindle Touch with Wi-Fi for $100 and a $20 gift card with purchase. Or get free shipping on the new Nook Tablet at BarnesandNoble.com. It’s also a good idea to include a gift card with the e-reader so he can start reading immediately.
3. Perfume. Most women enjoy adding a new scent to their collection. Though you probably shouldn’t gift anything pungent, a classic scent like Chanel No. 5-available for 38 percent off at FrangranceNet.com-or Burberry Brit (70 percent off) is sure to go over well.
4. Boots. Clothing should often be left to the discretion of the gift giver-who ostensibly understands the gift recipient’s style-but riding boots are in and big savings can be found on a variety of styles and brands. Overstock.com has a pair of Steve Madden riding boots for nearly 20 percent off in a number of colors.
5. Spa package. You’d be hard-pressed to find a person who doesn’t like getting pampered. Google your area for local spas and call about gift packages. Most, if not all, spas will have holiday packages prepared-and many will offer a discount during shopping season.
6. Bags. Many women welcome the opportunity to accessorize with a bag. Amazon.com has savings of up to 50 percent on major brands through Black Friday. Or get 40 percent off a Longchamp oversized travel bag at Niemann Marcus.
7. Tea/Coffee kit. A tea or coffee kit is the ideal gift for the woman who enjoys a hot beverage. Teavana has gift packages including unique tea sets, world-class loose-leaf teas, and steeping materials. Packages are shipped for free this week.
Or gift a Gevalia gourmet coffee kit for as low as $25. Include mugs and a French press for a fuller gift.
8. Wine. There are plenty of options for the wine-lover on your list. Vintage bottles, rarities, and wine of her favorite grape are all gifts she’ll love. Wine.com is offering over 80 gift sets under $40. Hundreds of highly rated bottles are under $20. And free shipping is included on all purchases. You can also sign her up for a Wine of the Month club.
If all that fails, there’s always:
9. Chocolate. Godiva offers gift packages of 6 to sixty chocolate truffles. Also, many local candy sellers have gift packages. Holidays are the times of greatest commerce for candy stores, so many offer great deals during the holiday season.
And if that fails, then:
10. Jewelry. The old stand-by. Amazon.com has savings of up to 70 percent on select jewelry. Macy’s is offering 14-karat white diamond studs for under $200. Don’t forget Walmart and Target also sell jewelry.