Casey Anthony Latest News: 'True Hollywood Special' Reveals Telling Details

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Ravelle Mohammed, Christian Post Reporter
October 14, 2011|9:22 pm

Despite being acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Casey Anthony has remained in the media’s spotlight and on Oct. 19 E! News will release a tell-all Anthony special.

Casey Anthony’s attorneys, former boyfriends, and journalists are among the people speaking out about the woman at the center of the controversial murder trial.

The "E! True Hollywood Story" will air Wednesday, according to The Hollywood Gossip.

Casey Anthony was acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in July 2011 – a verdict that outraged and shocked many. She is currently serving probation for check fraud charges in an unrelated case at an undisclosed location in Florida.

Anthony began psychological treatment last month and is doing “well” a source close to the 25-year-old revealed.

“She hopes she will someday redeem herself and live a productive life,” the source told People magazine.

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

In September, Orange County Judge Belvin Perry, who presided over Anthony’s murder trial, ruled that she had to repay $217,000 in costs related to the investigation and disappearance of Caylee.

Perry, who issued the first fine of $97,676.98, increased the reimbursement costs the 25-year-old owed four central Florida law enforcement agencies.

The additional payments came about after the Orange County Sheriff’s Office provided Perry with a better-detailed account of their costs.

Anthony had recently invoked her Fifth Amendment rights during a video deposition, regarding the “Zanny the Nanny” defamation case, earlier this month.

Anthony wore a disguise, as attorneys for Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez attempted to question her. The 25-year-old wore a Philadelphia Phillies baseball cap and large sunglasses, during the video conference from an undisclosed location in Florida.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for allegedly ruining her reputation when she told police, investigating the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter, that a nanny named Zenaida kidnapped Caylee in 2008.

John Morgan, attorney for Gonzalez, told the Orlando Sentinel that Anthony answered a limited number of questions and repeatedly invoked the Fifth against self-incrimination.

"We didn't want to turn this into a 2-hour circus," Morgan told the Sentinel. "We asked enough questions and got her to invoke the Fifth enough times that we feel we got enough to take a motion to the judge to compel her to answer these questions.”

According to Morgan, the deposition lasted about 45 minutes.

Anthony’s attorney, Charles Greene, has defended his decision to represent the woman deemed “America’s most hated person.”

"Many people in the legal community tried to dissuade me from taking this one, but I became a lawyer to fight against injustices and to take on battles that others won't,” Greene said, according to ABC News.

Greene will have the opportunity to question Gonzalez Nov. 3.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Single Dad Sings For His Two Babies and Stuns Judges! His Love Shines Through and He Nails This Audition!

Advertisement