Months after offering his best wishes for "Two and a Half Men," Charlie Sheen has said the show should end.
Sheen appeared at a NATPE press conference on Monday while promoting "Anger Management," his new series on the FX television network.
Speaking to the media, the 46-year-old said, "I don't think ['Two and a Half Men'] should go on past this year."
The actor was fired from the CBS comedy last year after a very public meltdown and rant against his boss, "Men" creator Chuck Lorre.
"I just think that people are there because there's nowhere else to go," added Sheen, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
When asked about his former boss, Sheen said he would hug Lorre.
"Yeah, because for a long time he created something that basically brought me up from the ashes and gave me a dream life that only existed in a fantasy," explained Sheen to THR. "Chuck did that … What we accomplished together was epic, you know."
Following his release from "Men," Sheen referred to Lorre as a "maggot" and a "sociopath," and the actor accused his co-star Jon Cryer of being "a turncoat, traitor, and a troll."
Widely believed to have been an attempt to improve his public image, Sheen delivered a heartfelt message to the cast and crew of "Men" during last year's Emmy Awards.
"From the bottom of my heart, I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season. We spent eight wonderful years together and I know you will continue to make great television," said Sheen in September.
Following the awards show, Sheen posted a picture of he and his replacement on the show, Ashton Kutcher. The caption on the picture said, "Giving the new kid a little advice!"
Sheen's new comedy "Anger Management" will air in the summer of 2012.