Chris Brown and Drake, respective singer and rapper who were involved in a bottle-throwing melee at a New York City nightclub earlier this month, were recently offered $1 million to settle their differences in a boxing ring.
Damon Feldman, celebrity boxing promoter, recently revealed that billionaire digital media entrepreneur Alki David would be interested in funding the bout between the two urban music superstars. In addition to the $1 million in earnings that each entertainer would receive, David is also reportedly prepared to donate $1 million to charity if the fight happens.
Feldman told the New York Daily News about the offer, saying that it could be a pay-per-view event where no one would get seriously hurt.
"Obviously they have a grudge. It's just three 1-minute rounds," Felderman told the publication. "No one will get seriously hurt."
The promoter listed Aug. 25 as an ideal day for the bout to take place, which he said could happen in either Las Vegas or Los Angeles. However, the publication said Brown's representatives had never heard of the offer.
The reported offer for a pay-per-view bout between the two men comes weeks after reports claim they have been at odds because of their relationship with Barbadian pop star Rihanna. A physical altercation reportedly began when Brown, 23-year-old singer-songwriter and ex-boyfriend to Rihanna, sent a bottle of champagne to 25-year-old Drake's table while the two were in the WIP night club.
While The Sun reported that the bottle was a peace offering to end a feud sparked from Drake's rumored romantic relationship with Rihanna, the publication stated that the rapper sent the bottle back to Brown.
The gesture reportedly caused a fight between the entourages of the two entertainers, which resulted in bottle-throwing. The security staff belonging to each respective musician reportedly got involved in the scuffle, and Brown took to Twitter to vent about the matter, posting an image of himself with a gash on his chin.
Many were reportedly injured in the incident, including San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker who is suing the club. An injury to Parker's eye during the incident could cost him the opportunity to play in the 2012 Olympics with Team USA.
While both Drake and Brown have stayed relatively quiet concerning the incident, Parker has been vocal about the mental and physical damage that it has caused him.
"I can say today, I almost lost my eye," Parker said in an interview posted on his website. "I hallucinate. I cannot believe that happened to me a month before the Games."