- (PHOTO) Twitter: @JimJimNugent
Chris Brown was charged with both driving without a license and a hit-and-run according to prosecutors on Tuesday, but the singer has taken to Twitter in defense. The 24-year-old singer is just bouncing back from assault accusations that occurred over the weekend, but is now faced with more legal entanglements.
Brown's charges stem from an accident that occurred last month when he had allegedly rear-ended another driver but refused to give her his driver's license and provided false insurance details.
Driving without a license and a hit-and-run are considered two misdemeanors, and if convicted, Brown could face up to six months in jail, according to The Los Angeles Times.
However, Brown denied that the incident occurred, deeming the charges as being "ridiculous."
"It's not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars). This is really ridiculous," Brown posted to Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.
Further proving his point, Brown changed his Twitter profile picture to that of the Mercedes in question belonging to the female driver.
"I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info," he tweeted. "She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene."
"She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures," the singer added.
Brown then took aim at the female driver as well as the media before admitting his faults from the past.
"My lawyers will be contacting you," he posted. "I will not stand for this bullying and yellow journalism!"
Over the weekend, Deanna Gines named Brown in a police report after being injured at an Orange County nightclub, according to TMZ.
Gines was reportedly in the VIP section with Brown at the Heat Ultra Lounge in Anaheim where the R&B star had just performed.
When the club was set to close, she claimed Brown shoved her to the ground, causing her injuries including torn ligaments in her knee that may require surgery.
However, Brown denied the accusations, tweeting: "I didn't do anything." His post was later deleted.
Furthermore, fellow club goers as well as Brown's management team, Heat, and Mike Joher of Royal Entertainment have also denied the assault accusations.
"It is apparent that the alleged incident regarding Chris Brown is false," said Joher, according to E! News.
Instead, Joher said Brown "was a complete gentleman and remained professional throughout the entire night. Neither I, nor any of the witnesses we spoke to, saw him push or touch anybody."