Church Seeks Prayers for Stabbed Pastor

A Detroit-area church is asking that prayers be said for their executive pastor, who was repeatedly and severely stabbed in his home early Tuesday morning by an intruder.

Staff and members at Revival Tabernacle Church in Highland Park, Mich., are also praising God for the series of miracles that have so far kept Pastor Kevin Ramsby alive.

"Pastor Kevin is now in recovery, and his wife and children are surrounded by family and church family that are helping them through this," Revival Tabernacle staff reported on the church's website.

"We appreciate all the prayers, calls, and support that is coming in literally from all over the nation for the Ramsby family," they added. "Pastor Kevin and Sarah need this time to rest and heal both physically and emotionally. Your prayers mean everything to them."

According to reports, an intruder broke into Ramsby's home around 3 a.m. Tuesday and stabbed him multiple times during the altercation that ensued. Ramsby's wife and children were out of town at the time of the attack. The pastor had also been out of town but returned home ahead of his family.

"The stab wounds were so many, and so severe that Pastor Kevin lost consciousness and was left for dead by the perpetrator," Revival Tabernacle staff reported.

"With nothing less than what we know to be the strength and power of the Lord, when the intruder went to another room of the house, Pastor Kevin came to and miraculously gained strength to get himself out of the house and crawl to his neighbors who quickly responded to his cry for help," they continued. "How great is our God?"

After Highland Park police and medical emergency teams arrived on the scene, Ramsby was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he underwent immediate surgery. Ramsby had sustained injuries and lacerations to his back, face, neck, and abdominal areas, but fortunately suffered no damage to major arteries or to his lungs.

Though Ramsby arrived in critical condition, the pastor's condition was upgraded to stable after about eight hours and doctors were reportedly able to repair the intestinal damage that he sustained.

"Although we will not list every detail on this page, we will say that it is nothing short of a miracle that he is still living," the church reported.

While Ramsby remains hospitalized, police are continuing their investigation of the early home invasion and were following leads for most of the day Tuesday.

According to local reports, Ramsby was stabbed over 30 times.