- (Photo: Reuters)
The death of Cory Monteith has shocked the entertainment community and led to an outpouring of support, but new reports are emerging that there was alcohol and other unidentified substances in the room where he died.
Sources are revealing that alcohol and other yet to be identified substances were allegedly found in the room where the late "Glee" star was staying, according to E! Online.
An official cause of death will not be revealed until later this week after an autopsy was performed Monday, but it still could be several weeks before a toxicology report is ready.
Monteith, 31, had reportedly been out with several friends in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside neighborhood Friday night, according to a source. "Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact," adds the unnamed source.
According to surveillance footage, the source said, Lea Michele's love returned "alone" to the Fairmont Pacific Hotel "a little after two in the morning." The video showed that "no one but Cory entered that room" until Saturday afternoon, when a member of the housekeeping staff, believing the room to be vacant."
A representative for Monteith's co-star and girlfriend Lea Michele released a statement asking for privacy as she comes to terms with her loss.
"We ask that everyone kindly respect Lea's privacy during this devastating time," the statement read.
Cory had been in his luxury hotel room with friends on Friday evening before heading out for the night. Lea, 26, is believed to have been at home in Los Angeles for work.
"She is absolutely hysterical and completely inconsolable," a source told HollywoodLife.com. "She is devastated beyond belief."
While the "Glee" actors had been co-stars since 2009 when the show premiered, they didn't begin dating until 2012.
Monteith played Finn Hudson, the on-again, off-again love interest to Michele's Rachel Berry on the hit Fox series.