There are a number of proven, healthy ways to lose weight, and maintain weight loss for better health.
1. Set a Realistic Goal – Don't set your goal too high; be realistic.
2. Avoid Deprivation – Extreme diets don't work. Compromise on portions instead.
3. Reduce Fat Intake – This is the number one way to long-term weight loss and maintenance. Instead, have wholesome fresh foods, including at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
4. Be Active – Exercise is critical to increase your metabolic rate. Simply walking 45 minutes 4-5 times a week is very beneficial. Strength training also increases your lean muscles mass, which revs up your metabolism.
5. Monitor Progress – Keeping an exercise and food log is very helpful. It can give you true picture of how many calories you consume daily. Be sure to include beverages; sugary drinks can add hundreds of empty calories a day.
6. Plan What You're Going to Eat, and Don't Skip Meals – This helps you avoid bingeing.
7. Recognize the Stages of Weight Loss – When you reach the frustration stage you must realize that in order to be healthy, you will have to watch your food intake and keep exercising for the rest of your life.
8. Jump-start Your Weight Loss Program – There are many natural substances that can be used to aid in weight loss, such as chromium, 5 HTP, green tea or green tea extract and garcinia. My Weight Management Program has these and other ingredients to help control appetite, utilize fat for energy, increase your metabolism, and provide soluble fiber to make you feel fuller.