Never miss Christian news that matters to you. facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Dumb and Dumber Sequel Begins Filming?: 'GESS HUUZ BAK' Says Jim Carrey in Tweet (VIDEO)

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Brittney R. Villalva , Christian Post Reporter
September 10, 2013|11:51 am
  • Dumb and Dumber sequel
    (PHOTO:WhoSay/Jim Carrey)
    Jim Carrey shows pictures from first "Dumb and Dumber" to promote Dumb and Dumber sequel.

Filming of the sequel "Dumb and Dumber To" will begin in September after months long delay.

Actor Jeff Daniels confirmed in an interview earlier this week that filming of "Dumb and Dumber To" will likely begin in September following a spree of legal battles that resulted in a months long delay for production of the film. Delays began in June when Warner Bros., the parent company of New Line Cinemas who had originally planned on producing the 1990's sequel, dropped the film.

New Line Cinema produced the 1994 original and also made a 2003 prequel called Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd without Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. Over the summer Red Granite announced plans to pick up the newest sequel, which fill feature both of the original actors. But further delay ensued after Red Granite filed a July lawsuit to keep the original producers away from the film; the producers responded with a lawsuit of their own.

In an interview two months ago, Daniels promised that the sequel would begin filming in September. His word appeared true earlier this week when Carrey posted a picture of his infamous chipped tooth from the first film.

 "GESS HUUZ BAK," he wrote in a message on his Twitter with a link to the photo.

During a July interview on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon," Daniels said the new script was "hysterical" because the humor for it would be based around the fact that he and Carrey are now middle aged. "It'll be the 20th anniversary of the first one next year when it's released," he said. "I've seen the script. It's hysterical. We're middle-aged. We're not pretending we aren't. We're middle-aged and we're still that stupid."

In previous interviews, Daniels admitted that Jim Carrey had been opposed to doing any sequels of the film for years. Now however, thanks to his increasing age, the actor has become more willing. "Jim has been against all sequels, and you know, understandably so," Daniels told the New York Daily News. "But he turned 50 and that will mellow you out, and suddenly he's going, 'Let's have some fun."

 

Videos that May Interest You

Christian Film Producer Discusses What She Doesnt Like About Christian Films

Advertisement