Elton John was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital on Wednesday morning with a serious respiratory infection forcing him to cancel a number of his Vegas shows.
The 65-year-old checked into Cedars-Sinai Hospital where he underwent a series of tests and although he was eventually released, doctors ordered him to rest. This ultimately means that he is unable to perform four of his "Million Dollar Piano" concerts, according to TMZ.
"It feels strange not to be able to perform these Million Dollar Piano concerts at the Colosseum. I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts," John told TMZ.
"All I can say to the fans is 'sorry I can't be with you,'" he added.
The Million Dollar Piano is a residency show event which is held at Caesars Palace, and so far John has performed 39 shows.
Since the show began in September 2011, it has reportedly made close to $19 million, according to Box office score data.
John celebrated performing his 3,000th show in Las Vegas in October and was presented with a large cake which had EJ3K written on it.
John recently spoke out about the late Donna Summer's passing and was furious to learn that she was not inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
''I'm so sad. This woman was the queen of disco and so much more. Her records sound as good today as they ever did. That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted," John told E! Online.
''She is a great friend to me and to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and I will miss her greatly," he added.