Evelyn Lozada, 36-year-old "Basketball Wives" star who recently divorced fallen NFL star Chad Johnson after the 34-year-old wideout reportedly headbutted her, allegedly made sure that her former love interest did not serve any jail time for his act.
- (PHOTO/Evelyn Lozada) Facebook: Evelyn Lozada 2011 Fan Page
Although Johnson pleaded guilty to the assault that took place on Aug. 11 and left Lozada with stitches in her forehead, he will not serve the maximum penalty of 364 days in jail as a result of misdemeanor domestic battery.
According to Pro Football Talk reports, prosecutor Sarahnell Murphy said Lozada was the reason that Johnson did not end up behind bars.
"She did not wish to proceed with the prosecution and certainly did not wish that Mr. Johnson be incarcerated as a result of this incident," Murphy reportedly said.
While Johnson reportedly said he is interested in reconciling things with his ex-wife, a Florida judge told him to cease any contact with the reality television show star.
"No email, no Twitter, no text," the judge reportedly told Johnson, according to Pro Football Talk.
The football player said he is undergoing anger management in a recent interview with "Inside The NFL."
"I'm taking classes. Anger management classes," Johnson said. "I'm trying to find out how to channel my anger in situations where I would pop off – how to diffuse those situations."
Johnson said he needed to do some soul searching and sort out his priorities.
"Chad has to work on Chad. Chad has to go deep down inside and figure out where you went wrong," Johnson said. "At what point did you lose focus on what's most important – especially the game of football. There was a time where, when I touched that field Sunday, you knew what time it was. At some point, I had drifted off track away from that."
- Chad Johnson Strikes Plea Deal Following Evelyn Lozada Headbutt Incident
- Iyanla Vanzant Says Evelyn Lozada Interview Was Not for Ratings
- Chad Ochocinco Gains Support After Discussing Domestic Dispute, Anger Management
- Chad Johnson, Evelyn Lozada Officially Divorced
- Chad Johnson Opens Up to Fans About Evelyn Lozada Tattoo, His Sanity
- Oprah Winfrey: People Will Have 'Different' Opinion of Evelyn Lozada After 'Iyanla: Fix My Life'