The most important aspects of a successful weight loss program include the following steps:
1. Decrease total calories in your food to be less than the calories that your body uses for its resting metabolic rate (RMR).
2. Burn more calories with your aerobic exercise so that you eventually reach an hour of cardio exercise daily. Select exercises that will not lead to injury or pain.
3. Control cravings and decrease hidden calories from beverages, snacks and desserts.
4. Eat protein at every meal and snacks to decrease blood sugar swings.
5. Consider support for detoxification during your weight loss program. This will assist with the biotransformation of fat soluble toxins that are released from your body.
6. Consider taking supplements to assist with the weight loss process.
One of the ways that weight is gained is by excessive carbohydrate intake from foods such as pastries, cake, cookies, brownies, crackers, muffins, scones, bread, bagels, etc. It is best to keep eliminate these foods entirely from your diet or if you do consume them, it should be in small quantities. For your energy needs, it is best to eat legumes, beans and whole grains such as quinoa, millet and barley. It can also be helpful to block some of the carbohydrate calories. Phaseolamin, from the kidney bean Phaseolus vulgarus, helps reduce the breakdown and absorption of carbohydrates. This makes for a lower glycemic response to a meal or a snack as it reduces the total demand for insulin and decreases total carbohydrate calories absorbed. A typical dose of Phaseolamin is 300 mg and should be taken a half hour before meals. You can also try Truestar's TrueCARB Blocker - Weight Management Formula.
Many fat-burning supplements work by stimulating the nervous system and this can have deleterious side effects. It is best to use supplements that do not cause excessive nervous system stimulation. Calcium pyruvate supports mitochondrial energy production and has been found in studies to help in cellular metabolism. Green tea and green tea extract can act as an antioxidant and aid in fat burning. Doses of green tea are usually 3 cups of tea or 50 mg, 3 times per day. L Carnitine helps to shuttle fatty acids into the mitochondria for fat burning. Doses of L carnitine are usually 500 mg, 1 to 2 tablets, taken twice daily.
Chromium helps with insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism. This can help to modulate blood sugar and decrease cravings. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) may decrease body fat mass and increase lean body mass (muscle) and thus improve body composition.
Protein bars may be helpful to decrease cravings, to maintain blood glucose levels or to use as a meal substitute with low calories. Make sure your protein bars have no partially hydrogenated fats and are less than 250 calories. When eating protein bars as a snack, try eating only ¨÷ to ¨ù of the bar.
Increasing fiber intake, in both soluble and insoluble forms, may be beneficial for weight loss because it supports colon health and assists with detoxification. It can also help to create a feeling of fullness. When eating more fiber, be sure to increase your water intake.
Remember that weight management is a challenging task. Some supplements may help you in this endeavor. It is important to keep abreast of the latest studies and literature in this field as research may find new discoveries.