Frog in Beans Can Nearly Eaten: Woman Thought It Was 'Moldy Bacon' (VIDEO)

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Daniel Distant , Christian Post Reporter
May 1, 2013|9:27 am

A frog in a beans can startled an Indiana woman attempting to feed her family. The woman was serving her son the green beans when he called her attention to the partially cooked amphibian— she says she was sick for two days after the incident.

The frog in the beans can was found by Gloria Chubb of South Bend, Ind., reports said Monday. She purchased the can of beans at a Meijer store, then brought them home and cooked them up with butter.

"I cooked them in the microwave with butter and salt and pepper, put them on the table and my son put some on his dish and said 'What is this?' I looked and put it in my hand and said, 'Oh my God, it's a little frog,'" she told WBND News.

She said the small frog, which was bathed in butter, was nearly intact, but for the severed legs among the rest of the beans. The St. Joseph's County woman didn't recognize it at first.

"I thought maybe it was a piece of moldy bacon or something," she explained. "But I took it out of there … and it was a frog with parts of his little legs all in the green beans, other than that he was fully intact."

She wasted no time bringing all the cans of beans back to the Meijer store, which gave her a full refund. She also received a letter of apology and $50 in compensation from the canning company. Officials say the frog slipped into the can straight from the field.

"When the green beans were picked from the field, it was also placed on a conveyor line and just was accidentally put into the can of green beans during process," Rita Hooten, St. Joseph Country Health Department Food Service Director, told The New York Daily News. Meijer said they were investigating the incident as well.

Chubb and her family may not have green beans again, however.

"We love green beans. We ate a lot of green beans, in casseroles, soups, on the side," she said. "But I'm not going to eat green beans anymore. … Nobody will eat them here."'

 

Videos that May Interest You

When this news anchor is broadcasting, a foster child who she helped appears - Inspirational!

Advertisement