Jeremy Lin, the New York Knicks' star attraction, shot out of nowhere to international stardom just two weeks ago.
The media is scrambling to unearth stories about Lin – the point guard who led the losing Knicks to a seven-game winning streak and scored at least 20 points in six straight games.
Here is what we know about him:
• Jeremy Lin is 23-years-old, born in Los Angeles, raised in Palo Alto, California
• His parents emigrated from Taiwan to the United States
• His parents are both 5'6'' and are engineers
• The Lins are devout Christians, attending Redeemer Bible Fellowship, the English ministry of Chinese Church in Christ Mountain View
• Jeremy is the middle child. He has an older brother and younger brother
• Jeremy's father, Gie-Ming, taught him how to play basketball, taking him to the local YMCA as a child
• His maternal grandfather was a Taiwanese Christian pastor
• His maternal grandmother, Lin Chu A Muen, took care of Jeremy Lin in the United States when he was a child. She now lives in Taiwan with Jeremy's maternal uncle.
Below are photos of Jeremy Lin's childhood and family life.