Aftermath recording artist and hip-hop star Kendrick Lamar's good kid, m.A.A.d. city album tracklist was released earlier today.
The rapper's effort features 12 songs, but the deluxe version comes with five extra tracks including "The Recipe," which features Lamar's mentor and hip-hop super producer Dr. Dre.
The album also has appearances by Drake, west veteran emcee MC Eiht, R&B songstress Mary J. Blige, and Lamar's Black Hippy crew affiliate Jay Rock. It features production from Hit-Boy, Just Blaze, and T-Minus.
Strangly enough, Dr. Dre's name is missing from the production credits even though he raps on two of the songs and signed Lamar to his Aftermath/Interscope imprint.
The tracklisting is as follows.
1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter's Daughter (Prod. By Tha Bizness)
2. B****, Don't Kill My Vibe (Prod. By Sounwave)
3. Backseat Freestyle (Prod. By Hit-Boy)
4. The Art of Peer Pressure (Prod. By Tabu)
5. Money Trees (Ft. Jay Rock) (Prod. By DJ Dahi)
6. Poetic Justice (Ft. Drake) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)
7. good kid [Prod. By Pharrell]
8. m.A.A.d city (Ft. MC Eiht) (Prod. By Sounwave & Terrace Martin)
9. Swimming Pools (Drank) *Extended Version* (Prod. By T-Minus)
10. Sing About Me (Prod. By Skhye Hutch + Sounwave) / I'm Dying Of Thirst (Prod. By Like of Pac Div)
11. Real (Ft. Anna Wise) (Prod. By Terrace Martin)
12. Compton (Ft. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Just Blaze)
13. The Recipe (Ft. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)
14. Black Boy Fly (Prod. By Rahki & Dawaun Parker)
15. Now Or Never (Ft. Mary J. Blige) (Prod. By Jack Splash)
16. Collect Calls
17. Swimming Pools (Drank) (Prod. By T-Minus)
good kid, m.A.A.d city is Lamar's second LP following 2010's Section 80 that was released independently . The new record is the rapper's major label debut.
His music can be described as conscious and positive. Lamar's tracks cut though much of the radio friendly music that many mainstream rappers release into the market. He also is featured in Lecrae's promotional video for his Church Clothes mixtape.
Lamar's upbringing in Compton, Calif. is also largely reflected in his lyrics. The rapper will also be Dr. Dre's first west coast artist to release an album through his Aftermath label since 2005's The Documentary by The Game.
good kid, m.A.A.d city hits stores Oct. 22 and is available for pre-order on iTunes.