Kentucky Wildcats vs Kansas State Wildcats takes place on Friday as the Second Round of March Madness continues. The 2014 NCAA Tournament Round of 64 will conclude on Friday, and this match up pits the No. 8 seeded Kentucky (24-10) against the No. 9 seeded Kansas State (20-12).
Today's game between the Kentucky Wildcats and the Kansas State Wildcats will start at 9.40 p.m. ET and can be watched on TV on the CBS network, or online through free live stream by clicking here.
The Second Round of March Madness 2014 featured 16 games on Thursday and will continue on Friday with 16 more games.
Thursday saw a number of exciting games; No. 1 seeded Florida managed to see off the threat from Albany 67-55, and their reward is a game in the Third Round against No. 9 seeds Pittsburgh, who destroyed No. 8 seeded Colorado 77-48 on Round Two.
No. 11 seeded Dayton also caused an upset on Thursday, claiming a tight 60-59 win over No. 6 seeded Ohio State. They will have a tough game in Round Three, and are scheduled to play No. 3 seeds Syracuse, who demolished No. 14 seeds Western Michigan 77-53.
No. 12 seeds Harvard managed to come out on the right side of the result against No. 5 seeded Cincinnati in a 61-57 game. They will play No. 4 seeds Michigan State on Round Three, who defeated Delaware 93-78.
No. 2 seeded Villanova also claimed a comfortable victory on Thursday, defeating No. 15 seeds Milwaukee 73-53. They will play No. 7 seeds Connecticut in Round 3, following Connecticut's 89-81 win over Saint Joseph's.
Defending champs, Louisville Cardinals progressed on Thursday, defeating No. 13 seeds Manhattan 71-64, and they will have a tough Third Round match up against No. 5 seeded Saint Louis, who defeated North Carolina State 83-80.
The drama is set to continue as the Second Round games are concluded on Friday with 16 more match ups.
In this Second Round, the highest seeded teams are given the reward of facing teams that are theoretically supposed to be easier to beat – the lower seeded teams; so the No. 1 seeds face the No. 16 seeds, and the No. 2 seeds face the No. 15 seeds and so on.
On Sunday, the NCAA announced that Florida, Arizona, Virginia and Wichita State would be 2014's number one seeds.
An NCAA 2014 March Madness printable bracket can be found by clicking here.
Here is the full schedule for Friday's March Madness 2014 Men's Basketball Round Two:
(14) Mercer vs. (3) Duke 12:15 p.m. CBS
(11) Nebraska vs. (6) Baylor 12:40 p.m. truTV
(10) Stanford vs. (7) New Mexico 1:40 p.m. TBS
(16) Weber State vs. (1) Arizona 2:10 p.m. TNT
(11) Iowa/Tennessee vs. (5) Massachusetts 2:45 p.m. CBS
(14) LA-Lafayette vs. (3) Creighton 3:10 p.m. truTV
(15) Eastern Kentucky vs. (2) Kansas 4:10 p.m. TBS
(9) Oklahoma State vs. (8) Gonzaga 4:40 p.m. TNT
(9) George Washington vs. (8) Memphis 6:55 p.m. TBS
(16) Cal Poly/Texas Southern vs. (1) Wichita State 7:10 p.m. CBS
(11) Providence vs. (6) North Carolina 7:20 p.m. truTV
(12) Stephen F. Austin vs. (5) VCU 7:27 p.m. TNT
(16) Coastal Carolina vs. (1) Virginia 9:25 p.m. TBS
(9) Kansas State vs. (8) Kentucky 9:40 p.m. CBS
(14) North Carolina Central vs. (3) Iowa State 9:50 p.m. TNT
(13) Tulsa vs. (4) UCLA 9:57 p.m. truTV