Kevin Federline Suffers Minor Heart Attack

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Sami K. Martin , Christian Post Reporter
January 23, 2012|4:47 pm

Kevin Federline has been hospitalized after suffering a minor heart attack while filming a new television series in Australia. The actor is only 33-years-old and has five children, two with pop icon Brittney Spears.

Federline was at work filming “Excess Baggage,” which is a weight-loss show akin to NBC’s “The Biggest Loser.” He told reporters he was doing the show “to become fit, healthy and buff once more.”

According to a spokesperson for Australia’s Channel Nine: “Kevin was at Doonside with the Giants, completing an AFL-related challenge. He did his challenge, which was running and catching the ball, then while his [in-series weight-loss partner] was taking the same challenge, he reported chest pains and a racing heart. Obviously on this show we have a lot of paramedics on standby and they treated him for the first signs of a minor cardiac arrest, called an ambulance and had him taken to hospital.”

Federline and Spears met while he was a back-up dancer for her; they married in 2004 but divorced in 2006. He has since been linked to Victoria Prince, with whom he has one daughter.

This is not the first time Federline has appeared on a reality-TV weight loss show. He previously competed on VH1’s “Celebrity Fit Club” with the hope of losing 30 pounds. Reports show that Federline also suffered from “heat stress” in November, while filming for “Excess Baggage.”

Adrian Motte, a representative of the show, told reporters; “During the shoot, under advice from the show’s medic, Kevin was taken to hospital as he was showing signs of heat stress. He resumed filming in the Kimberley shortly after and is currently continuing on with the show.”

No word yet on whether Federline will return to finish "Excess Baggage."

 

Videos that May Interest You

Christian Film Producer Discusses What She Doesnt Like About Christian Films

Advertisement