Kim Kardashian was filmed going to extremes for beauty in Sunday night's episode of "Kourtney and Kim Take Miami," as the reality TV star was seen undergoing her first blood facial.
Kardashian, who is no stranger to beauty treatments, underwent the unusual procedure at the Miami Institute For Age Management center during a visit with her best friend, PR guru Jonathan Cheban. While the 31-year old reality TV star appeared confident about trying the "vampire facial," she was left fighting back tears by the end of the procedure.
"I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful," Kardashian said prior to the procedure.
Doctors drew Kardashian's blood out of her arm with a large needle and spun it in a machine to remove the platelets. The blood was then splattered onto Kardashian's face and ingrained using multiple acupuncture-style needles.
"That hurts so bad!" Kardashian blurted during the procedure, despite having used numbing cream.
"It stings a little," the doctor warned.
Vampire facials are an alternative version of the traditional "vampire facelift," which involves doctors using the blood as a dermal filler and injecting it into the face. The procedure is said to be popular amongst Hollywood's elite, as it promises to reduce wrinkles while giving patients a youthful glow.
"Ouch!" Kardashian wailed. "Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that."
After the procedure, Kardashian was given ice-packs to help soothe the pain.
"We're all good," she said.
This is not the first time that Kardashian has undergone a cosmetic procedure on camera for one of her family's E! Reality TV shows. On a previous episode of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," the reality TV star underwent a botox procedure, which did not end well.
Kardashian suffered immense bruising under her eyes and was forced to consult her family doctor after growing concerned about the possibility that she may have had an allergic reaction to Botox.
"I'm never doing this again ... at least not until I'm 40," Kardashian told her family after finding out that the bruising was not an allergy, but a natural reaction to the injections.