In Nashville's Tennessean newspaper, local gossip columnist and staff writer Brad of "Brad About You" fame recently asked Michael W. Smith to list five picks for desert island discs and to name five people/things he couldn't live without. Here's what Michael had to say:
1. Best of John Williams, by film soundtrack composer John Williams. When I hear his music, I see the movie in my head.
2. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, by Elton John. Great songs.
3. The Mission: Original Soundtrack From the Motion Picture. One of the most original soundtracks of all time. Extremely moving.
4. The Andy Williams Christmas, by Andy Williams. Reminds me of my childhood Christmases.
5. Live at Carnegie Hall, by gospel singer Andrae Crouch. Huge impact on my life.
Five Things/People I Couldn't Live Without:
1. God. The most important part of my life.
2. My Bible. How God speaks still today.
3. Time alone. It's when I'm most creative.
4. A big grand piano. It's my creative medium.
5. (a tie) Sushi and Sonic ice. One of the best things about touring is finding great sushi places. One of the worst things about touring: not being able to find Sonic ice.
By Pauline J.