The highly anticipated Motorola Droid Razr, which just became available for pre-order through Verizon Wireless today, is causing a stir and much excitement among tech lovers everywhere. One feature that will not be included on the new Razr is the Android operating system, Ice Cream Sandwich.
The smartphone, which is the slimmest currently out measuring at 7.1 mm thick, carries an array of new features guaranteed to have consumers placing their orders as soon as possible. Here is a list of some of the phone's highlights:
- Smart Actions: This software-based application is one of the phone's greatest features, as it helps to conserve the device's battery life by automatically turning off the utilities that can drain the phone's power, such as Wi-Fi and bluetooth. In addition, it dims the phone's main display when it is not in use.
- Display: Although the super slim device may look fragile, the display is made of Corning Gorilla Glass, a substance not easily breakable that claims to be scratch-resistant as well. In addition, it offers a clear, crisp picture with qHD resolution, and is the first smartphone that can stream HD content from Netflix.
- Webtop: Much like the Motorola Droid Bionic and Atrix, the Droid Razr contains an application that, when the device is plugged into the right dock, can turn it into a laptop or PC and allow customers to access all necessary function through the phone.
- Speed: The smartphone contains a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, with Motorola claiming that "customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.
- Cameras: The Razr has two cameras that both shoot in 1080p HD and feature image and video stabilization to for a clearer, less shaky picture.
In a statement issued by Motorola, Chairman and CEO of Motorola Mobility Sanjay Jha said about the product: "Droid Razr by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless. We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered Droid Razr, which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market."