The National Cancer Institute has estimated that simply making changes in dietary intake might prevent 60-70% of breast cancer cases. Here are 13 of God’s healing provisions from his natural kingdom that can give you power against breast cancer.
1. Consume soy and isoflavones – The phytoestrogens, or isoflavones, in soy bind to estrogen receptor sites and may guard against the development of breast cancer. Soy products also contain natural protease inhibitors, which can prevent cancer-causing genes from being activated, and saponins, which can keep cancer cells from multiplying.
2. Take red clover extract – Red clover contains four major isoflavones which have shown promise against breast cancer.
3. Eat lots of fish - Cold water fish, especially, contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. The body converts these fatty acids, or oils, to prostaglandins, which may keep breast cells from multiplying and dividing. Taking fish oil capsules also increases the concentration of omega-3 fatty acids in breast tissue.
4. Avoid cooking with corn oil – Certain types of oils, such as saturated (animal) fats and polyunsaturated fats, like corn oil, may actually promote breast cancer.
5. Add kiwi fruit to your diet – Kiwi fruit is the most nutrient dense of all fruits, providing vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, and twice as much vitamin C as an orange. Vitamin C can inhibit breast cell division, thereby reducing the risk of breast cancer.
6. Eat almonds and prunes daily – Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E, which has an important role in preventing breast cancer. Prunes are a super fruit with a remarkable ability to absorb oxygen-free radicals.
7. Go orange – There are some unique chemicals in citrus fruits, especially oranges, that may help neutralize cancer-causing chemicals in the body.
8. Take psyllium and other fiber – Women who eat more dietary fiber have a lower risk of breast cancer than those who eat a less amount of fiber. Consumption of psyllium and wheat bran results in a lower rate of tumor development. Other sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole-wheat products.
9. Eat cruciferous vegetables – God created a unique chemical compound, indole-3-carbinol, that reduces the body’s production of certain types of estrogen which lead to breast cancer. Cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts are the best sources of these indoles.
10. Enjoy yogurt – Yogurt contains high amounts of calcium, which can inhibit the division of breast cancer cells. Yogurt also stimulates gamma interferon, which helps fight cancer by enhancing the unction of the immune system.
11. Take vitamin A – Studies consistently show that populations that consume the most vitamin A have the lowest levels of breast cancer.
12. Add extra antioxidants Oxidative stress and the damage it causes can start the process of cancer, and antioxidants are the body's first line of defense against these damaging effects. In addition to vitamin A, antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin C, selenium and other phytonutrients, reduce oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals.
13. Drink green tea – A long-term study which looked at 7000 women showed that consuming green tea on a daily basis decreased the women’s rate of breast cancer.
Many of the recommended provisions can be consumed as whole foods, or also in supplement form. Be sure to have a complete supplement program, such as Basic Nutrient Support that contains a full range of antioxidants (including vitamins A, E, selenium, citrus bioflavanoids complex, fruits and green complex, broccoli flower, cabbage leaf, and potent super antioxidants) as well as fish oil/essential fatty acids, green tea leaf extract and soluble fiber.
Follow these steps as you pursue your pathway of health and healing, and you can have power against this disease through God’s revelation knowledge.
Dr. Reginald B. Cherry (drcherry.org) is a member of the American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society, and the American College of Preventive Medicine. Dr. Cherry has authored numerous articles on Preventive Medicine, emphasizing nutrition and exercise. He also speaks extensively on these topics nationwide and conducts numerous seminars for various groups and organizations. Currently, his weekly television program reaches 80 million homes. www.thepathwaytohealing.com