Osbourne Fire Started Accidentally by Candle Downstairs; Ozzy Loses Hair in Ordeal

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
  • Sharon Osbourne
    (Photo: Reuters/Gus Ruelas)
    Television personality Sharon Osbourne poses as she arrives at the 19th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Award Viewing Party in West Hollywood, California February 27, 2011.
By Sami K. Martin, Christian Post Reporter
January 18, 2013|7:27 am

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne have survived a house fire that started with a candle. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured in the fire, and Sharon shared her experience with her co-hosts on The View.

Sharon explained that she and Ozzy were upstairs when she heard a sound from downstairs; neither thought anything of it at the time, but soon enough, Sharon's "eyes were stinging and throat's closing up, something weird smelling in here. Then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room – the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding," she said.

Ozzy, who is recovering from surgery on his hand, which is in a cast, attempted to help put out the flames and managed to open the doors.

"I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone. And we are like two idiots; it was like the Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all," Osbourne explained.

Then, of course, Osbourne took her storytelling to a new level, which she often does on the show.

"At 5 o'clock, the firemen came and they were gorgeous, and I had my dressing gown on. They laid me down on the front path… straddled me and they gave me mouth-to-mouth," she joked.

Follow us Get CP eNewsletter ››

Of course, that part didn't actually happen the way Osbourne may wish it had, but she did "thank the firemen from Beverly Hills fire station" and called them "magnificent."

"Please check your candles before you go to bed. It can happen to you. I will never light a candle again," Osbourne insisted on the show.

 

Videos that May Interest You

Where is fire? No! This is firefighters proposal

Advertisement