Pastor Returns to Pulpit After Severe Stabbing

A Detroit-area pastor who was severely stabbed over 30 times in his home this past summer returned to the pulpit of his church Sunday to talk about the experience that almost left him dead.

"When you've gone through something that we have gone through, you begin to see things in a different light," the Rev. Kevin Ramsby told the congregation at Revival Tabernacle Church in Highland Park, according to Click On Detroit.

"There are so many others hurting in our community, not just because of violence, with the economy and layoffs and jobs," he added. "The message I am sharing today is a message of God's faithfulness."

According to reports, an intruder broke into Ramsby's home around 3 a.m. on Aug. 4 and stabbed him repeatedly during the altercation that ensued. Ramsby's wife and children were out of town at the time of the attack. The pastor had also been out of town but returned home ahead of his family.

"The stab wounds were so many, and so severe that Pastor Kevin lost consciousness and was left for dead by the perpetrator," reported staff at Ramsby's Assemblies of God church shortly after the incident.

"With nothing less than what we know to be the strength and power of the Lord, when the intruder went to another room of the house, Pastor Kevin came to and miraculously gained strength to get himself out of the house and crawl to his neighbors who quickly responded to his cry for help," they continued. "How great is our God?"

On Sunday, Ramsby recalled how his small intestines had come out through one of the knife cuts he sustained.

"I literally had to carry my small intestine," he said.

After Highland Park police and medical emergency teams arrived on the scene, Ramsby was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he underwent immediate surgery. Ramsby had sustained injuries and lacerations to his back, face, neck, and abdominal areas, but fortunately suffered no damage to major arteries or to his lungs.

Ramsby said it was God who saved his life that night.

Though Ramsby arrived in critical condition, the pastor's condition was upgraded to stable after about eight hours and doctors were reportedly able to repair the intestinal damage that he sustained.

Since then, Ramsby has been healing rapidly, released from the hospital on Aug. 18.

He had since been resting in an undisclosed dislocation while the state police searched for the suspect behind the break-in and stabbing.

According to reports, police have identified the attacker as 41-year-old Wesley Mclemore, who is still at large.

Though the attack nearly left Ramsby dead, the Pentecostal preacher said he has forgiven his attacker and would not mind meeting to pray with him once he's arrested.

According to Click On Detroit, Revival Tabernacle Church founder Tim Dilena said Ramsby's message is something many in the church and community need to see.