Golf fan Russ Berkman went to new lengths to attend one of the most prestigious golf tournaments of all time when he had to recover his tickets from the depths of his dog's stomach.
Berkman had won a set of four tickets from a online lottery to this year's practice round at the Masters tournament held in Georgia, but was shocked to find that while he was out his dog had eaten them.
This past Saturday Berkman had left his house to go shopping and when he returned he explained that he found remnants of the string which had been attached to the tickets.
"When I walked in the house, I noticed there was a few strings on my hard wood floors that appeared to be the strings on my Masters tickets," Berkman said Seattle's radio station KJR.
Not knowing what to do next, he called his girlfriend, who proceeded to tell him that if he were to give his Swiss Mountain dog, Sierra, hydrogen peroxide that it would induce vomiting providing the tattered pieces of the tickets that he so desperately wanted.
"There's a little known trick out there that if you give them hydrogen peroxide it basically bubbles in their stomach -- it's very safe -- and it makes them puke in about 10 minutes."
He had only hours before a Sunday morning flight that would take him to Myrtle Beach so that he could enjoy a few rounds of golf. After that, he would head to Augusta, Ga.
Berkman waited for the regurgitated tickets.
"I grabbed a spatula, put it in a Ziploc baggie and brought it inside on my kitchen counter and started a CSI or a surgical-type process to figure out what was going to be salvageable, if anything," he told the radio station.
With about three quarters of the tickets in hand, Berkman called the Master's ticket office and after a explaining what had happened. They reissued the four tickets.