Selena Gomez has admitted that she does not take her long-standing relationship with pop icon Justin Bieber "too seriously" in an interview released this week.
The 20-year-old actress and singer from Texas was first spotted with Bieber, 19, in early 2011. She described her relationship with Bieber as "really fun," and noted her youth.
"I'm lucky," said Gomez speaking to Teen Vogue about the "Boyfriend" singer. "I'm 20. I don't take anything in my personal life too seriously. I have great friends and a solid group of people I love. I feel like everything else will come organically."
Gomez continued to affirm her independence, saying that she is in no hurry to walk down the aisle.
"Marriage and all that other stuff I think will happen once I feel accomplished in every other aspect of my life," said the actress, according to Teen Vogue.
In addition to her successful music career alongside the pop band the Scene, Gomez strives to become a successful actress. She first appeared in Disney's television series "Waverly Place" as well as films "Another Cinderella Story" and "Princess Protection Program," but Gomez wants more adult roles today.
"I get offered teenybopper movies, and I've done that," said the brunette beauty speaking to Elle magazine earlier this year. "I haven't done a mega-hundred-billion-dollar Transformers movie, but that's not what I want to do either."
Recently nominated at the 2012 MTV VMA's, Gomez made headlines again earlier this week over her edgy new look.
"New hair for a new movie," Gomez explained on her Facebook account along with a photo of herself. "I love changing my hair!"
While still brunette, the actress' long locks are layered with bangs framing her face for a more mature look. The new hairstyle arrived as a result of her role in the upcoming film "Feed the Dog."
Gomez's next projects also include "Aftershock," "The Getaway," and "Spring Breakers," which is due in theaters next summer.
- Selena Gomez Fragrance Ad Reveals Star in Fish Tank: Too Sexy? (PIC)
- Selena Gomez Hacker Jailed 1 Year for Justin Bieber Diss (VIDEO)
- Selena Gomez and Elle Magazine Cover Stuns Fans
- Justin Bieber Dumps Selena Gomez? Couple Could Split for Good
- Selena Gomez's Birthday: Is Star Moving In With Justin Bieber?
- Taylor Swift Teen Choice Awards Look Makes Waves
- Selena Gomez New Edgy Hairstyle; 'I Love Changing My Hair' (PHOTO)
- MTV VMA Nominees Rihanna and Drake Dominate, Lady Gaga Snubbed