(Photo: Wikimedia Commons/File)
Spiders in bananas have forced the evacuation of one family from their home in Britain recently.
In the frightening incident, a British family was forced to evacuate their home after a sac of deadly baby spiders were found on bananas that they had purchased at a local supermarket in the Hamptons.
Consi Taylor, 29, had purchased some bananas from her local Sainsbury's supermarket and was munching away on one, when suddenly she noticed a white patch on the banana.
She looked a bit closer and realized that the white patch was actually a cocoon with dozens of baby spiders in it!
A horrified Taylor described the The Sun newspaper in Britain: "I got halfway through the banana when I saw something white on the skin. I thought it was mold but when I had a closer look I saw some funny looking spots,"
She added: "I had a closer look and was horrified to see they were spiders. They were hatching out on the table, scurrying around on my carpet. I was so scared I started crying. I hope I didn't eat one but I can't be sure."
Taylor called pest control to inspect the banana, and they identified the bananas as being the "Brazilian Wandering Spider" – otherwise known as the deadliest spider in the world.
The pest control firm told her: "The Brazilian Wandering Spider is venomous and should be considered dangerous. We have to take huge care and diligence."
The woman informed her local Sainsbury's about the incident, and the large supermarket chain offered her a refund and also paid for her to have her home fumigated. The family was evacuated from the home during the period, and Sainsbury's paid for them to stay at a hotel in the meantime.
According to the Guinness Book of Records, the Brazilian wandering spider is the most venomous species of spider in the world. It lives in tropical climates in South America.
The spider is also known as a Banana Spider, as they are known to live in banana trees.
It has been heard of the Banana Spider being found in banana shipments into Europe in the past, and it appears this is what happened in this incident too.
In 2011, a banana spider was found in a supermarket in Germany, which prompted the store to be evacuated.