An interesting change is occurring in health, fashion, fitness and beauty careits not just a girl thing anymore. You can thank David Beckam, the British soccer player well-known for wearing toenail polish and sarongs, and the new term metrosexual for making this trend acceptable.
A metrosexual is an urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. The metrosexual male can feel free to go for manicures, pedicures, body wraps, plucking or tweezing without fear of being labeled a pretty boy or sissy. New skin care products specifically for men are cropping up everywhere, and last year men had nearly 1.1 million cosmetic proceduresup 31% from 2002.
In the midst of this evolution, a proactive approach to healthcare is emerging and more men are adopting preventative measures like taking supplements, exercising, sleeping well and eating a balanced diet. While your metrosexual may be embracing a healthier lifestyle to prevent puffy eyes and keep lean rather than for wellness, so whatin his world its never about how you feel, its how you look.
Here are the basic vitamins every savvy metrosexual should take to keep looking his best:
1. A good quality, highly absorbable multivitamin: Minerals and vitamins are needed for almost every biochemical process in the body, including a healthy metabolism, maintaining energy levels and for the production of hormones and brain chemicals crucial to wellness and optimal body composition.
2. EPA/DHA fish oils: Fish oils are naturally anti-inflammatory and are protective to the heart, brain, eyes and blood vessels. They help to protect the brain from the deleterious effects of a stressful lifestyle; they improve concentration and reduce the risk of heart disease. However, a metrosexual would most likely take them because they are highly moisturizing for the skin.
3. Antioxidants like vitamins C and E, coenzyme Q10 and alpha lipoic acid: One must stay young and beautiful and antioxidants are crucial to this process. Antioxidants such as these slow the aging process and work to prevent cellular damage which occurs from pollution, exposure to the sun, exercise, stress and normal metabolic processes in the body. Antioxidants are the internal fountain of youth, and they protect against cancer.
4. Calcium/magnesium: These two minerals are essential for healthy bones and for building muscles. Magnesium is involved in over 300 enzymatic processes and is a natural muscle relaxant. It may aid sleep as well. Calcium helps with muscle contraction and helps maintain healthy bones, nails and teeth.
5. Whey protein powder: Anyone concerned with fitness should consume whey protein powder. Whey protein has been found to be more effective for fat loss than meat protein, which is good news for any carb-restricting, protein-consuming metrosexual. Whey protein isolates can also serve as source of glutathione, the most potent antioxidant in the body. It also has beneficial effects on the immune system as well as prostate health.
The majority of these products are available through just three products: TrueBASICS for Men, TrueCELL and TrueMASS.