Never miss Christian news that matters to you. facebookLike twitterFollow
pop up close

Real Housewives of New Jersey News Update: Teresa Giudice Keeping Kids 'Protected and Private' After Guilty Plea

0
Sign Up for Free eNewsletter ››
By Christine Thomasos , Christian Post Reporter
March 7, 2014|10:29 pm

Teresa Giudice is thanking her fans and keeping her children protected amid the media scrutiny that comes along with her recent decision to plead guilty to fraud charges this week.

Teresa (PHOTO) Twitter: @Teresa_Giudice

Teresa Giudice seen here promoting her adult beverage line "Fabellini"

On Tuesday, Teresa and her husband Joe Giudice pled guilty to multiple fraud charges in a New Jersey Federal Court. While the pair will not be sentenced until July 8, Joe faces a potential deportation or 37 to 46 months in jail, while Teresa faces 21 to 27 months. However, it seems The Real Housewives of New Jersey star is focusing most on keeping her family of four children together.

"Thank you all for your love & support of my family & my kids," she tweeted. "You know how much they mean to me. I am keeping them protected & private.xx"

The mother of four previously spoke about how she is handling the delicate matter with her children.

"My oldest does know something's going on," Giudice said on ABC News. "But-- you know, we say, you know, 'Mommy and daddy, you know, have a legal team that's handling it.'"

Still, Giudice said her three youngest daughters "really don't know what's going on."

However, she insists that she must remain strong for her family amid trying times.

"I can't just be upset and crawl up in a ball and just go in a room and lock the door," she told ABC News. "I can't. I'm a mom. I have four daughters."

Last year it was announced that the Giudices were being charged for making attempts to illegally obtain mortgages while withholding information about their income from their reality television show. Teresa did not hesitate to claim the innocence of herself and her husband. She spoke about the issue for the first time on Celebuzz last summer.

"I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me," she said in a statement obtained by Celebuzz. "I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the Government as quickly as possible."

 

Videos that May Interest You

Christian Film Producer Discusses What She Doesnt Like About Christian Films

Advertisement