(PHOTO) Twitter: @Teresa_Giudice
Teresa Giudice, the 41-year-old "Real Housewives Of New Jersey" star, has a message for her fans after it was announced that she and her husband Joe Giudice, 43, pleaded guilty to two new counts of fraud.
The Giudices pleaded not guilty to two new counts of fraud after being indicted on 39 counts of conspiracy to defraud lenders that were brought against them last summer. The new charges brought against the Giudices stem from a mortgage loan where Teresa allegedly falsified her job information, listing herself as a realtor who brought in $15,000 each month, according to NJ.com.
Teresa took to Twitter after her not guilty plea to let people know that she appreciated their support.
"I just want to thank everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers," she tweeted.
Earlier this summer it was announced that the Giudices were being charged for making attempts to illegally obtain mortgages while withholding information about their income from their reality television show.
Teresa did not hesitate to claim the innocence of herself and her husband. She spoke about the issue for the first time on Celebuzz last summer.
"..I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me," she said in a statement obtained by Celebuzz. "I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the Government as quickly as possible."
While the couple may be facing 50 years in prison, the prosecution in the case is looking to send Joe back to Italy, according to US Weekly. The pair will undergo their trial to fight the charges beginning Feb 24.
Henry E. Klingeman, Teresa's lawyer, told People that the new allegations brought against her will be treated like the charges previously brought against the couple.
"As she did with respect to the allegations contained in the original indictment, Teresa intends to plead 'not guilty' to the allegations in the new indictment," Klingeman said. "She looks forward to defending herself at the trial, scheduled for February 24, 2014. Beyond that, we will answer all of the charges in court, not out."