There are five basic concepts - the key words of which begin with the letter P - that can help people determine what to do, both in the natural and the spiritual realm, to receive the manifestation of their healing.
1. Understand that Jesus is the Great Physician. He is the One to whom you should turn first in times of trouble. He bore stripes on His back that you might be healed (1 Pet. 2:24). Look to him for your answers.
2. Follow the peace of God. Don't pray out of fear or worry. You may not understand what's happening to you in the natural, but you can have God's peace in times of trouble. The Scriptures teach us to cast our cares upon the Lord (1 Pet. 5:7). Cast once, and then keep casting!
3. Determine God's pathway to healing for you. Don't try to manipulate God into doing what you want Him to do, or healing you the way you think He should. If you ask, He will show you his plan for you, which will not be the same as one He showed to someone else.
4. Believe in the power of healing. When all else fails, stand! Stand in your faith and in your trust in God. Believe that He wants to heal you - that your healing has already been purchased on the cross - without limiting His method for healing you.
5. Pursue your healing with persistence. Hang in there. Jesus told parables to emphasize the importance of persevering in prayer, such as the widow who prevailed with the unjust judge (Luke 18:1-6).