- (Photo: Preaching Rocket via The Christian Post)
God desires the best for each of His children, but sometimes we become trapped in habits, thoughts, and negative emotions that interfere with His plans for us. However, Jesus offers us a way out. If we'll continue in His Word, we'll know the truth that sets us free from whatever is holding us in bondage.
To "continue" in the Word means to be consistently reading and applying it to our lives. Then we'll know what God says and be able to recognize the traps that threaten to ensnare us. What's more, we'll understand the benefits accompanying our salvation that enable us to stand firm in truth without being led astray. Those benefits include . . .
• Our position: Through faith in Christ, we've entered into a personal relationship with God. Now, as His children, we have ready access to His throne along with the assurance that He'll hear our prayers.
• Our provision: God gave the Bible to guide and encourage us in all situations.
• Our promises: By relying on the promises He has given us, we'll become partakers of God's nature and escape the world's corrupting influence (2 Pet. 1:4).
• Our protection: As we walk obediently with Christ, He strengthens and protects us so we won't fall into the traps of the evil One (2 Thess. 3:3).
The first step to living in freedom is to recognize any sins, attitudes, or negative emotions that are dominating your life. Then get grounded in the truth of Scripture and claim God's promises and provisions by faith. He's ready to deal with any type of bondage the moment you cry out to Him for help.
All Rights Reserved.