With Cyber Monday expected to bring in record-breaking sales this year, customers will undoubtedly face some stiff competition as they hunt for the best online discounts of the season. Here are some tips to ensure shoppers will nab everything they're looking for:
- Shop often throughout the day. Even if you missed those early sales at the stroke of midnight, some retailers will continue offering deals sporadically at later points, so make sure to check back at your favorite stores often.
- Look at websites such as cybermonday.com, dealnews.com, savings.com and gottadeal.com. Not only do they link to deals from hundreds of retailers, but they also offer coupon codes to help you save even more.
- Follow your favorite retailers on Twitter. Most stores are likely to send out a tweet as soon as another deal goes up on their Websites.
- Make sure to do a thorough job when comparing prices. Use tools such as PriceGrabber or Google Products and be sure to factor in shipping and handling fees, as well as return policies into your purchase decision. Some companies will offer a lower price on an item but charge more for shipping and handling, while others may offer the item for a little bit more but offer free shipping and handling. In addition, you'll want to consider the likelihood of having to return the product, as some stores will have stricter policies than others.
- Make sure you research the quality of the product to see if you are truly getting a bargain for the price being offered. If you're looking to buy a high-priced electronic, look at some professional, technical reviews, as well as consumer reviews.
- Take necessary safety precautions when roaming the Web. Make sure your anti-virus software is up-to-date and beware of emails from unknown senders offering deals that sound too good to be true. Only shop on sites you are familiar with and know to be legitimate and only pay with a credit card, as the bill is easier to contest in the case that you don't receive your purchase.