Washington bigwigs took a break from partisan bickering Saturday night to enjoy some laughs and mingle with celebrities. President Barack Obama delivered some of the best jokes of the night in his speech at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C. Here are 10 of his funniest lines:
1. "These days I look in the mirror and I have to admit, I'm not the strapping young Muslim socialist that I used to be."
2. "I go out on the basketball court, took 22 shots, made two of them. That's right. Two hits, 20 misses. The executives at NBC asked, 'what's your secret?'"
3. "Maureen Dowd said I could solve all my problems if I were just more like Michael Douglas in 'The American President.' I know Michael is here tonight. Michael, what's your secret, man? Could it be that you were an actor in an Aaron Sorkin liberal fantasy? Might that have something to do with it?"
4. "Some of my former advisors have switched over to the dark side. For example, David Axelrod now works for MSNBC. Which is a nice change of pace since, MSNBC used to work for David Axelrod."
5. "The History Channel is not here. I guess they were embarrased about the whole Obama is a devil thing. Of course, that never kept Fox News from showing up. They actually thought the comparison was not fair – to Satan."
6. "I remember when Buzzfeed was just something I did in college around 2 a.m."
7. "Did you know that Sheldon Adelson spent $100 million of his own money last year on negative ads? You've got to really dislike me to spend that kind of money. I mean, that's Oprah money. You could buy an island and call it 'Nobama' for that kind of money. Sheldon would have been better off offering me $100 million to drop out of the race."
8. "I'm taking my charm offensive on the road – a Texas barbeque with Ted Cruz, Kentucky bluegrass concert with Rand Paul, and a book burning with Michele Bachmann."
9. "I'm also hard at work on plans for the Obama library. Some have suggested that we put it in my birthplace, but I'd rather keep it in the United States."
10. Steven Speilberg's next film will be about the Obama presidency, Obama joked. He then showed a video produced by The White House showing Obama playing Daniel Day-Lewis playing Obama in the fake film. Watch the clip below.