- (Photo: AP Photo / Press Association, Martin Keene)
Although it might be more common to hear "Thank God It's Friday" (TGIF) as the end of the work week rolls around, users on Twitter have been thanking God for much more, sending the phrase "Thank God" onto the social network's Trends list.
Users logging on to Twitter Friday have been tweeting their praise to God for their families, well being, for getting them through another week, and more.
Gorgeous Dior (@GorgeousDior) wrote, "I thank God for all he has done for me...I am truely Blessed!!"
"God is so awesome in my life and I can never praise Him enough!!! Thank you God for all you do," wrote Kymme A (@blackruby83).
Dayton Helmuth (@TI_DaytonJerks) not only thanked God, but offered a bit of advice: "Thank god anytime you can he has blessed you so much... PRAY when you can also," he wrote.
One Twitter user, DJ AGE (@DJAGE) was also apparently trying to start another trend to bring attention to God.
"Thank you God for letting me see another day," he wrote, adding the hashtag "#GodIsGood."
According to the Twitter's Trend list, which tracks the 10 most tweeted words or phrases on the popular social media site, "#GodIsGood" had not made it onto the list by Friday afternoon.
Some other words and phrases trending on Twitter Friday and their most-cited reference include:
- "West Memphis 3" (Court frees three men convicted in 1993 murders of three boys in West Memphis, Ark.)
- "Today is Friday" (Final day of the work week and start of the weekend)
- "The Zone" (New title from music artists The Weekend & Drake)
- "Ghost Rider" (The official trailer was released today)
- "Conan the Barbarian" (The film opened in theaters today)
- "Bill Clinton" (The former president turned 65 today)