- (Photo: Reuters/Mario Anzuoni)
Victoria's Secret has released its swim 2013 collection this week, awarding Candice Swanepoel the popular cover. It is the second time that the South African model earned the privilege of being on the much-anticipated issue of the catalogue.
"It was such an honor be to be picked for the cover," Swanepoel told People magazine.
The 24-year-old noted that being such a successful model and coming from a small town in South Africa was "amazing."
Swanepoel, who was born in Mooi River, Natal Province, South Africa, was named 10th on the Forbes top-earning models list last year.
The model, who considers fellow Victoria's Secret models Behati Prinsloo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley close friends of hers, said her work never makes her nervous.
"Victoria's Secret is like a big family," she told People. "I can't really complain [about my job]- I feel very lucky!"
The Swimsuit 2013 catalogue is the latest event for Victoria's Secret, who saw the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show late last year. The event featured performances by Rihanna, Bruno Mars, and Justin Bieber.
Bieber fittingly performed his song "Beauty and the Beat" follows by "As Long As You Love Me" during the show.
"It's like a dream come true," said Bieber on the pink carpet ahead of the show, according to The Associated Press. "I would rather be here than anywhere in the world."
Alternately, Mars performed his songs "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Young Girls" while Rihanna performed her hit, "Diamonds."
- 'Sexy Little Geisha' Line Pulled by Victoria's Secret Following Charges of Racial Stereotyping
- Rihanna Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Performance Wows Fans
- Miranda Kerr Dishes Beauty Secrets
- Adriana Lima Runway Photos at Victoria's Secret Show Amaze Fans Just 2 Months Since Giving Birth
- Victoria's Secret Native American Headdress Attracts Outrage