The day pastor Robert McKeehan of Community Bible Church in High Point, N.C., hanged himself in what local police have called an apparent suicide, he gave no clue, at least on social media, that he was a man getting ready to die.
His Twitter timeline for Friday, April 11, before he was pronounced dead in his home, revealed a man who was health conscious and had his signature sense of humor on full display.
Here is how his day went, according to Twitter.
1. He worked out. Pastor McKeehan started his day at a local gym called Allen Branch's Fitness One Training Systems.
at Allen Branch's Fitness One Training Systems http://t.co/NTGbNn72WT— Robert McKeehan (@robertmckeehan) April 11, 2014
2. He then made himself a healthy breakfast consisting of multiple eggs, sautéed jalapeños and cheese.
5 eggs 3 sautéed jalapeños 1/4 cup of cheese = breakfast. pic.twitter.com/iVX9mrTKpU— Robert McKeehan (@robertmckeehan) April 11, 2014
3. He then joked about something awful on a friend's truck with a link to this Facebook post.
4. He retweeted a thought about a benefit of growing older.
The older I get, the more doable a sunrise service becomes.— Chief Sinner (@chief_sinner) April 11, 2014
5. He laughed at a joke about Oscar Pistorius making bail.
6. The next day, on April 12 his wife, Elizabeth, tweeted that he was dead.
With saddened hearts for our earthly loss, but joyful for heaven's gain, we inform you that Robert McKeehan... http://t.co/0zrgsVa2UZ— Robert McKeehan (@robertmckeehan) April 12, 2014
Watch the inspiring sermon he reportedly preached before his unexpected death.
He preached from Romans 8:28-29:
Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.