"X-Factor" host Steve Jones may be facing his last episode as the season finale approaches this Wednesday.
The Daily Mirror has reported that Fox Broadcasting Company will not renew Steve Jones’ contract as host of the hit show "X-Factor." The decision comes after an awkward move by the show host during contestant Rachel Crow’s elimination.
Jones appeared to be unsure of how to respond to the 13-year-old contestant who threw herself on the floor and began crying after she was informed of her elimination.
Other critics have remarked during the show’s running that Jones does not play an active role. The Boston Herald said he was “so far in the background he may as well be on another network.”
"X-Factor" stars attended a press conference Monday, to deliberate the order in which the contestants would sing for the grand finale. It was confirmed that Josh Krajcik would start, followed by Chris Rene and finally, Melanie Amaro.
In an interview on "X-Factor," Amaro said, “I don’t think I’ve ever fought harder for anything before this. I’ve really put up a fight...and I feel like I really need to knock out Josh and Chris.”
The show, with over 9 million viewers, has been lagging behind the 20 million that Simon Cowell reportedly promised producers. Replacing Steve Jones may be one of many new changes the show has planned for next season.