One Direction band member Zayn Malik is rumored to be entertaining the idea of going solo, according to recent reports. He has recently confirmed that he has done some recording with good friend and rapper/music producer Naughty Boy, which will be part of the rapper's upcoming album.
According to Heatworld, Malik apparently could not wait to do a solo project as it said that he had co-written a song called "One Chance to Dance" with Naughty Boy in July 2014 intended for 1D's next album. The song however, was not included, but the report says it will be released in the near future. Simon Cowell earlier announced that "he's happy for the One Direction lads to work on their own solo projects."
Naughty Boy confirmed a few days ago that Malik is indeed going to be a part of his next studio album. more >>
The inspector general of the Vatican's police force has confirmed that terror group ISIS has threatened Pope Francis, but said he's not aware of any specific plans to carry out an attack. Francis has, meanwhile, condemned the "intolerable brutality" of the militants.
"The threat exists. This is what has emerged from my conversations with Italian and foreign colleagues," said Domenico Giani, inspector general of the Corpo della Gendarmeria, Vatican City's state police force.
"At the moment, I can say that we know of no plan for an attack against the Vatican or the Holy Father." more >>
Icelandic atheist group Vantru has suggested it would like to register all newborn children as atheist members, mocking the National Church's practice of automatically registering babies if their mothers belong to the church.
"In a satirical statement to highlight the flaws of the National Church, the atheist society revealed that everyone would be a member of the organization until they deregistered their membership," Ice News reported.
"Soon-to-be parents were told any babies born from 1 March onwards would not be left out of their 'lively community' as they would automatically be registered at birth — even if parental consent had not been given. It added that this was the 'best and fairest' way to go about things." more >>
A Christian nursery worker in London, who was allegedly sacked for telling a colleague that God doesn't condone same-sex mariage, has challenged her former employer's decision.
Sarah Mbuyi, who says she was fired from her job at Newpark Childcare in Shepherd's Bush, after she told a lesbian co-worker that "God does not condone homosexuality" in January last year, has launched an unfair dismissal claim, according to Metro.
Mbuyi, 30, will argue at Watford Employment Tribunal that European Union law allows her to converse with adult colleagues subject only to the normal principles of engagement in speech. more >>
Islamic State's masked executioner "Jihadi John," who was recently identified as a Kuwaiti-born Londoner, sent emails to a Muslim advocacy group between 2009 and 2012 claiming he was "harassed" by British security agencies. An Islamic State defector says he was cold and remained aloof in Syria.
"I told them [security officer] that I want to be left alone, as I have an ambition of moving from the UK and settling in Kuwait. That is why I found a job and a spouse!! But they laughed," says an email sent by Mohammed Emwazi, who is now known as "Jihadi John" in the British press, on June 3, 2010, according to the recipient, Muslim civil rights group CAGE.
"One of them got aggressive with me, he pushed me to the wall. ... I was just baffled I did not know why he had done that after this long 6-hour interview, fingerprinting and searching. When I asked for their names they said 'We don't give out our names,'" Emwazi, a computer-programming graduate, wrote about his experience at a British airport while traveling to Kuwait in 2010. more >>
Was Kate Middleton rushed to the hospital due to a "terrifying health scare"? Rumors from tabloids stated that she had intense labor pains.
Gossip Cop investigated the story and said that it was completely fabricated. The fact that Kensington Palace has released the Duchess' new schedule of royal engagements also appears to debunk the health scare rumors.
The palace's official press release states that the Duchess and Prince William will join the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall for Commonwealth Observance in Westminster Abbey on March 9. more >>