A group of 64 legal experts and scholars have signed a statement calling on Americans to oppose the U.S. Supreme Court's recent decision legalizing gay marriage nationwide.
The Washington, DC-based American Principles Project posted the legal experts' statement Thursday on their website in which they denounced the 5-4 ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges.
"The Court's majority opinion eschewed reliance on the text, logic, structure, or original understanding of the Constitution, as well as the Court's own interpretative doctrines and precedents, and supplied no compelling reasoning to show why it is unjustified for the laws of the states to sustain marriage as it has been understood for millennia as the union of husband and wife," declared the statement. more >>
The American Center for Law and Justice has claimed that Islamic indoctrination is growing into a "nationwide epidemic," based on several cases of public school students allegedly being taught Islamic ideology. The conservative law group said that as many as 7,000 Tennessee residents have called to complain about students being require to learn the Five Pillars of Islam.
"For the last several years, parents from across the country have contacted the ACLJ — from California to Maine — concerned about the teaching of Islam in their local schools. It seems that many schools may be going well beyond simply teaching about a religion. From disparate treatment of religions, to distortion of truth, the teaching of Islam seems entrenched with problems," the ACLJ wrote in a statement shared with The Christian Post on Thursday.
According to the law group, students in Tennessee and Georgia have been told to recite an Islamic conversion creed, while in one Nashville middle school students were reportedly told to write "Allah is the only God," the Daily Caller reported in September. more >>
George Barna in The Power of Vision said, "Unless God's people have a clear understanding of where they are headed, the probability of a successful journey is severely limited."
So how "severely limited" could this journey be? Well, of the 13 institutions I have personally examined, just over 40% are currently out of business. The remaining 60% continue to limp along moving from crisis to crisis with their leaders acting as a sort of "institutional problem-solver."
Barna goes on to speak to the individual saying, "Unless you attend to God's call upon your life, you are likely to experience confusion, weariness, dissipation, and unimportance." more >>
The father of the 14-year-old boy who was lavished with attention, praise and over $16,000 after his homemade clock was confiscated at an Irving, Texas, public school is now generating headlines of his own.
According to Townhall.com and Fox News, Ahmed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, manages the Facebook page called the Arabic-language National Reform Party. He has one personal page which appears to be pro-American and a second, more active page, which has an entirely different tone.
While the Arabic language page features plenty of posts disseminating favorable stories about Ahmed's new found fame from his September arrest at school, it also features at least two posts claiming that 9/11 was a conspiracy and hoax concocted by the U.S. government to launch a war against Islam. more >>
Famed atheist author and intellectual Richard Dawkins may have gone a full 24 hours without insulting anyone on Twitter.
Researchers from the extremely prestigious Institute on Internet Trolling announced that Dawkins' Twitter handle appears to have not a produced a single vicious remark over the span of a full day.
"Our interns were going through Dawkins' numerous tweets and noticed the large gap late last night," announced a lead researcher. more >>
World-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma was recently featured on the "Late Show" with Stephen Colbert performing Camille Saint-Saëns' "The Swan." The melody was an auditory feast.
The Grammy-award winning, Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient played the classic piece alongside Jon Batiste and his band Stay Human, who serve as the house band for the "Late Show."
In a television program long known for it's over-the-top interviews, comedy routines, and sometimes profane content, Ma and Stay Human brought relaxed and sophisticated euphony to the evening's events as part of a web exclusive. more >>