The "Minecraft" movie adaptation has been in the works since late last year. It just got another big push after it found its director in the person of Rob McElhenney, who is better known for his role in the sitcom "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." The announcement about McElhenney signing on to the film was made by Mojang COO Vu Bui through the company's website.
According to a report in The Verge, Vu Bui mentioned that this was the reason why the actor was seen "hanging around MINECON in London a couple of weeks ago." McElhenney is rumored to be replacing Shawn Levy of "Night at the Museum," who was earlier attached to the project.
McElhenney confirmed the news after via his Twitter account, tagging Mojang and saying "let's do something strange and wonderful." more >>
Lucasfilm and Disney have started casting for the next installment of the "Star Wars" sequel trilogy and reports are saying that Benicio Del Toro is being considered for a villainous role in the upcoming sequel. This was reportedly all part of Disney and Lucasfilm's plan to put together "A-list" talents for the upcoming film.
Del Toro is reportedly being eyed to play a yet unknown villain in "Star Wars: Episode VIII," accordiing to The Wrap, who cited several inside sources privy to the casting process. This film is said to follow the events after "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" which will be released in theaters this holiday season. Aside from Del Toro, another report in Variety said that Joaquin Phoenix was likewise approached to be part of the cast. There are also reports that Hong Kong actor Donnie Yen has been cast as well.
"The Force Awakens" cast members Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac will be reprising their roles in "Episode VIII," according to Variety. Director Rian Johnson is set to pen the script as well as direct the upcoming film. more >>
Christian actor and evangelist Kirk Cameron celebrated 24 years of marriage to his wife and love of his life, Chelsea Noble, on Tuesday, declaring God has "given me so much more than I deserve."
"I was only 20 years old when I married the love of my life ... 24 years have passed from the day we took this picture. Tonight, we celebrated at home with our six children over one of our favorite dinners — turkey tacos! To me, still being together and in love is the best gift of all. God has been so kind and given me so much more than I deserve," Cameron declared in a post to his Facebook page with a picture of him and his wife.
If reports are true, fans may soon see what used to be rival boy bands 'NSync and the Backstreet Boys collaborating on something more than just music. The two boy bands have reportedly put off their long-time rivalry to work together on a movie.
Nick Carter is pegged to pen the script for the movie, which will be under the same studio that brought the hit franchise "Sharknado" on SyFy.
When asked what the movie will be about, Carter told Rolling Stone that it was a "zombie Western futuristic horror movie." His character, he added, was "still being worked out right now, but I'm a good guy that's going to help save the day." more >>
After much speculation, the names of the characters for the highly-anticipated reboot of the classic supernatural comedy film, "Ghostbusters" were finally revealed.
Despite his busy filming schedules with the all-female cast, director Paul Feig often takes time to drop a fair number of sneak peeks on the movie. However, his latest update reveals what appear to be the names of the characters included in the project.
"Okay, here you go. Erin Gilbert, Jillian Holtzmann, Abby Yates and Patty Tolan. Now you know even more," the "Bridesmaids" director's Twitter post reads. more >>
A new casting report for the forthcoming "Star Wars: Episode VIII" said that actor Benicio del Toro has been offered the role of the film's villain.
The Wrap cited its multiple sources saying that "discussions are still in the very early stages" for "The Force Awakens" sequel. However, Disney and Lucasfilm "are high" on the Oscar-winning actor to appear in the upcoming title.
As of this moment, it is still unclear if the "Traffic" star will accept the offer. If he concedes, then this would be the second time that the 48-year-old Puerto Rican actor performed for the House Mouse. The first of which is for his role as The Collector in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy." more >>