Probably one of the most interesting smartphones that runs on Android, the upcoming HTC One M9 is expected to be unveiled at the 2015 MWC in Barcelona.
However, long before it sees the light, a horde of rumors and leaks pointing out to the forthcoming flagship from HTC were seen over the course of months. Information about its specs, pricings, and designs were all but taken with a grain of salt. But that might not be the case today.
A tipster told @upleaks revealed "more thorough details" about the device which, as found out, will come in two versions: the HTC One M9 and the HTC One M9 Plus. more >>
The HTC One M9, HTC's next flagship phone will be launched on March 1, during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Unconfirmed reports also say that the company will launch another phone that will feature a bigger screen size than that of the M9, which remains unnamed. It is not clear however what the exact release dates are for the HTC smartphones.
Before its launch, numerous rumors have been circulating about the design and specifications of the M9, which is seen by some as a close competitor to Samsung's next flagship phone, the Galaxy S6. Both phones will be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress.
According to Gotta Be Mobile, most of the photos which claimed that they were the phone's design were fakes, although there was one photo that the report said was probably the closest to the actual design. It shows two phones, one with a 5.0 inch screen and another with a larger screen. Another report in Gotta Be Mobile also pointed out that the new phone may not have any radical design changes as compared to last year's HTC One M8. more >>
"Star Wars: Battlefront" is confirmed for release in the winter of 2015 at least for PlayStation 4 consoles. No definite date has been given yet for what is generally considered to be the third installment of the "Battlefront" games series, commonly called "Battlefront 3," within the gaming community. The release is set to coincide with the rollot of the new "Star Wars" movie.
According to Expert Reviews, the game will being developed by EA Digital Solutions CE or DICE after the original studio Free Radical Design "lost its rights to continue developing it." DICE is known for its work with first person shooter games such as the Battlefield series.
Another report in Master Herald said that DICE is bent on creating a game that is a combination of familiar features from the previous versions of "Battlefront" and their "own flavor on it", thus insisting that the game will be something new rather than a sequel. more >>
"The Walking Dead" fans will be glad to know that the show's season five finale will be an extended 90-minute episode which will air on March 29 on AMC.
According to Entertainment Weekly, AMC made the announcement on Wednesday, along with a synopsis of the episode. In the finale, Daryl will find himself in trouble while out on the run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel uneasy as danger lurks near the gates.
The website reports that AMC will air an after show special after the season finale. At 10:30 p.m., the network will air "Talking Dead" which is a live show hosted by Chris Hardwick, to discuss the finale and bid farewell to fallen characters. more >>
US telcos, AT&T and Verizon have condemned the net neutrality ruling laid down by FCC after the body voted to classify the Internet a public utility yesterday.
Telecommunications companies AT&T and Verizon are currently protesting the Federal Communications Commission's move to ban prioritization and disallow service providers to create pricing options for connection speed and bandwidth consumption after the FCC voted to declare the Internet a public utility.
The FCC ruled on net neutrality after a 3-to-2 vote reclassifying broadband access as a telecommunications service, subjecting it to heavier FCC regulation. This prohibits broadband providers from blocking or speeding up Internet connections based on user payment, nor will they be allowed to contract paid prioritization deals with content providers to deliver paid traffic to their users. more >>
When Samsung released its Samsung Galaxy Round two years ago, many were intrigued by its curved body and display, but for the high end market, this seemed more like a novelty than anything else. Now, a new tweet from tech insider @upleaks suggests that the device's successor could make an appearance at MWC 2015. Furthermore, the tweet suggests that the device could be a high end version of its predecessor.
"Samsung new high-end: SM-G930," the tweet read. While there was no mention of the device name, tech sites such as Phone Arena and GizBot predict that this could be the Samsung Galaxy Round 2.
Two handsets from the Korean company are expected to make an appearance at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona — the Samsung Galaxy S6 which Phone Arena predicts to be the SM-G920, and the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, which the website guesses to be the SM-G925. more >>