- “It’s the pastor’s job, not mine.” (According to Ephesians 4:11,12 his job is to equip you to do the work.)
- “I don’t know what to say.” (There are plenty of resources out there to help you!)
- “I just live the gospel with my life.” (Good, now open your mouth and declare the good news!)
- “I’m waiting for the perfect timing.” (There’s no such thing!)
- “I don’t have the gift of evangelism.” (Well, I don’t have the gift of mercy but I still should show mercy!)
- “They could reject me.” (No, Jesus said they will reject you…at times anyway.”
- “I have bad breath.” (Testamints!)
- “I don’t know how to bring it up.” (How about just ask, “What are your spiritual beliefs?”)
- “I’m terrified.” (So am I. So was Paul! Let’s ask God for boldness like he did! Ephesians 6:19)
- “They may ask me a question I don’t have the answer to.” (You don’t have to know all the answers. You just need to introduce them to the One who does!)
Dear CP readers,
We are in the process of transferring all past comments into our new comment platform with OpenWeb, which will take up to a week. Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, you can post new comments now. Check the updated Commenting FAQ for more information.