Baby Lisa Irwin Missing: Official Says Someone Knows What Happened to Lisa

An official at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children said somebody must know what happened to baby Lisa Irwin the night she disappeared from her Missouri home over one month ago.

"Someone out there knows what happened to baby Lisa...someone could have seen something and is reluctant to call police. That person needs to come forward and share that with the Kansas City Police Department. Hardly ever has there been a scenario like this where someone doesn't know,” said Bob Lowery, executive director of the Missing Children's division with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, to the Associated Press.

He also said concerns about the girl's fate are increasing as time goes on.

Josh Hamilton, a criminal law professor at Park University and veteran of the Kansas City Police Department, said investigators are just double-checking evidence in the case at this juncture.

"Right now what you have to do is revisit what you have and pretty thoroughly analyze it, then read back to see if there's a connection that dawns on you," said Hamilton. “You’re always waiting for that next tip or phone call, but that's out of your control."

The case received national attention due to strange reports emerging.

Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, admitted falling asleep drunk the night Lisa vanished. Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, worked an unusual night shift and did not return home until 4 a.m. He noticed his daughter was not in her crib and called the authorities.

An alleged phone call was made was made to a woman named Megan Wright from Bradley's cellphone the night Lisa disappeared. Both of Lisa's parents said they could not make calls during the night due to their phones having been stolen with Lisa, according to a KCTV5 report.

Wright said she shares her cellphone with seven other people and did not have the phone at the time of the call. However, a person living with Wright said the residents do not share a cellphone.

Lisa has been missing since Oct. 4 and turned 1-year-old today.